Your First Visit
What to Expect
Community Acupuncture is different than most private acupuncture practices. Our model works by making frequent visits affordable to patients, so that they can receive treatments often enough to make a real change to their conditions.
The clinic is a shared space with several comfortable recliners where you will receive treatment at the same time as other patients. We generally do a more speedy intake than other acupuncture offices and use points primarily on the lower arms and legs, so you needn’t disrobe for treatment. We accept cash and checks only to keep down our administrative overhead and our prices low.
Your First Visit
- If you are dropping in, please come at least an hour before closing time for your first visit, so that you have time to fill out paperwork and we have time to talk to you at greater length about your health and health history. If you have an appointment, show up 10 to 20 minutes early to fill out the paperwork.
- Please bring a list of any prescription medications you may be taking, as well as any lab test results or xrays you may have concerning your problem. The person at the front desk will provide you with some paperwork to fill out before we do our initial intake and sit you in a recliner. You may download the forms here in advance.
- Please wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing that may be moved aside or rolled up to the elbows and knees.
- Please keep your valuables with you. We can’t be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced items.
- Please silence your cell phone!
- Our recliners are very comfortable, but feel free to bring any extra pillows or blankets you think you may want to help you relax. Bring earplugs as well, if the noise of other folks might disturb your relaxation.
Depending on your condition, we may recommend returning once a month, once a week, twice a week, or even daily for some serious problems.
For subsequent visits, if you haven’t made an appointment, please come at least 40 minutes before closing time. Take off your shoes and make yourself comfortable in any available recliner while the acupuncturist gets ready to see you.
Our Fruitvale location is drop-in only, so please be patient if there are people that have arrived before you.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. It is only with your help and participation that we can make affordable community healthcare a reality!